In this client-facing position, you will work closely with our core team and partners/consultants to produce high-end, custom websites for our nonprofit, university, and social good company clients. You’ll also manage ongoing monthly support plans for client websites.
The Website Producer/Project Manager is an experienced problem-solver who leads complex website projects from inception through strategy, design, development, and completion. They are able to efficiently plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate with different specialists across multiple client projects. Responsibilities include taking part in client brainstorming sessions, project planning, managing expectations, and ensuring that all projects remain on schedule, in scope, and on budget.
Salary range: $80 – 90k (based on location and experience)
Benefits: Health insurance, education budget, and flexible scheduling.
Location: Virtual office. U.S. time zones preferred.
Paid time off includes 15 “anything” days, plus 12 Federal holidays (you can swap out the actual dates you take them), and (at the owner’s discretion) up to 10 days around the end of the year / new year (so far we’ve always taken this time off).
24 additional hours of paid sick leave
Flexible work schedule: we work with you if you need to move your schedule around for family, emergencies, or just want to take a special 4-day weekend trip.
The opportunity to shape your role to your interests, and to take on significant responsibility that you likely won’t get at a larger firm.
Training and education opportunities, as we believe strongly in the importance of continued learning.
A job with meaning. Work for clients who are making the world a better place by championing climate justice, providing support and resources for immigrants, or providing leadership skills and training (for example).
What you’ll do in this role:
MANAGE THE WORK
- Lead complex website design projects from inception to launch for a diverse set of clients
- Manage ongoing monthly support plans for existing client websites
- Organize and lead project meetings, agendas, and design presentations
- Work directly with customers to finalize content, design, and features
- Make edits to websites inside CMS systems such as WordPress and Drupal
- Perform quality assurance testing
- Manage the client feedback & revision process to ensure quality
- Maintain and enforce the project scope, timeline, and budget
- Track KPIs and conduct project post-mortems to understand project results, and identify wins, and areas for learning and improvement
WORK WITH CLIENTS
- Serve as the day-to-day contact between client and agency
- Proactively keep clients informed — never leave them wondering what’s happening
- Listen and learn to successfully manage tension between client wants and scope/budget realities
MANAGE THE TEAM
- Communicate with content creation, design, development, SEO, and QA folks at different phases of the project to deliver the highest quality finished product
- Ensure the team understands and adheres to the project scope and budget
What you bring to Wire Media:
- 3+ years’ experience managing all phases of medium-large scale, custom website projects while also managing the minutiae of ongoing support tasks
- Experience managing multiple projects while delivering projects on time, within budget, and meeting or exceeding specifications/expectations
- Experience collaborating and communicating with various teams and delegating tasks to them accordingly
- Experience using Teamwork, Freshdesk, Jira or similar platforms for project management
- Experience editing and inputting content in Drupal or WordPress CMSes (or similar)
- Experience refining and creating efficient processes and workflows
- Understanding of best practices in website design and development
- Understanding of best practices in website accessibility
- Some connection to or understanding of the nonprofit world
- A natural leader with positive energy, enthusiasm, and humility
- A positive, problem-solving attitude and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to understand and clarify strategic business requirements
- Can explain complex ideas in a straightforward manner
- High quality standards
- A high standard for organization and attention-to-detail
- A trusted advisor approach in dealing with clients
- Forward-thinking for the best interests of both the client and our firm
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills for a high degree of client interaction
- Strong presentation skills
BONUS ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE
- PMP certification
- Web accessibility experience of any kind
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a statement about why you want to work for us, and how you think your employment with Wire Media could make us a better company. Feel free to reveal your particular sense of humor!