In this client-facing position, you will work on website projects for nonprofit clients working to make the world a better place by solving difficult challenges. You’ll conduct research and website content audits, and handle the sitemapping and content planning processes. You will review existing client websites, audit the existing content, help clients decide what to keep/edit/delete, and identify areas where new content may be needed. All with understanding the user needs and business strategy. You would then create a sitemap. And then either create lo-fi wireframes or a text doc to identify what type of content would go on each page, its purpose, and how it might work.
Typical deliverables include research findings and recommendations, content mapping, sitemaps, content planning and strategy documents.
Hourly rate: $60-90/hour, project basis to start
Benefits: Education budget, and flexible scheduling.
Location: Virtual office. U.S. time zones preferred.
Accrued paid time off and sick leave: available for part-time employees
Flexible work schedule: we work with you if you need to move your schedule around for family, emergencies, or just want to take a special 4-day weekend trip.
The opportunity to shape your role to your interests, and to take on significant responsibility that you likely won’t get at a larger firm.
Training and education opportunities, as we believe strongly in the importance of continued learning.
A job with meaning. Work for clients who are making the world a better place by championing climate justice, providing support and resources for immigrants, or providing leadership skills and training (for example).
What you’ll do in this role:
- Lead the content strategy process for web design projects
- Understand the strategic goals for the website and the user goals, and incorporate that understanding into the content strategy
- Plan and lead discovery work such as user research and client workshops to obtain requirements
- Create content strategy deliverables as needed per project
- Coordinate your work with the UX designer and the technology lead
- Present deliverables in internal reviews and at client-facing meetings
- Provide direction and feedback to the UX designer
- Perform quality assurance tasks during development
- Track KPIs and conduct project post-mortems to understand project results, and identify wins, and areas for learning and improvement
- Contribute to improving our processes and becoming ever more efficient
What you bring to Wire Media:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in content strategy with a focus on visual storytelling and user flows (versus corporate e-commerce)
- Experience managing multiple projects while delivering projects on time, within budget, and meeting or exceeding expectations
- Experience collaborating and communicating with various teams and delegating tasks to them accordingly
- Experience conducting user research of various types
- A strong portfolio of work focused on visual storytelling, and workflows to help people find the right content
- Expert understanding of best practices in content strategy
- Understanding of best practices in website accessibility (and/or interest in obtaining expertise)
- How to write copy for reading on the web
- Some connection to or understanding of the nonprofit world
- A positive, problem-solving attitude and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to understand and clarify strategic business requirements
- Can explain complex ideas in a straightforward manner
- High quality standards
- A high standard for organization and attention-to-detail
- A trusted advisor approach in dealing with clients
- Forward-thinking for the best interests of both the client and our firm
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills for a high degree of client interaction
- Strong presentation skills
BONUS ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE
- UX design experience
How to Apply
Please send your resume with a statement about why you want to work for us, and how you think your employment with Wire Media could make us a better company. Feel free to reveal your particular sense of humor!