Need a little help with that website redesign? Reach out to us today!LET'S CHAT
What Type of People Should be on the Team?
- Reliable. Who can you always count on?
- Enthusiastic. No Debbie Downers allowed.
- Creative. Choose outside-the-box thinkers.
- Open-minded. Ditch anybody with a “my way or the highway” approach.
- Knowledgeable. Pick people who are respected for their area of expertise.
Who Might You Invite to the Committee?
- Your development director. They need to have input on the tone and the language of any donor-facing material.
- Your marketing or communications person. They are probably a good writer and knowledgeable about how to move people through storytelling.
- Your webmaster or other IT rep, obviously.
Tip 1: Choose the draft copywriter.
Make sure it’s a solid writer who understands your content strategy. Or, it could be your account rep if you’re using a web design firm.
Tip 2: Solicit input early on and at key decision-making points.
Tip 3: Submit the draft copy for feedback and SEO optimization, including keyword density.
Tip 4: Set boundaries about input.
Tip 5: Does the site meet your organization’s strategic goals?
Let’s get to work…
Further reading and resources: